Python Documentation generation

Mahrt, Dallas dallasm at aiinet.com
Thu Jun 20 14:49:14 EDT 2002

I am looking for an application which can generate HTML documentation from
Python modules.
(Note: some examples based on JavaDoc syntax)

I have a few desires from such a program:
	- Ability to exclude elements based on naming conventions or
keywords
		(ex. Exclude names starting with a single underscore '_foo'
or containing the keyword @private)
	- Ability to have inter module linking. (If module A uses module B,
then there should be an '@see B' like link [JavaDoc-ish])
	- The program should also allow for either:
		- generating module documentation from C extension modules
(Should be tricky)
		- allow for other documentation sections to be linked
automatically by registration of module name

I have found several systems for generating documentation of Python modules
(HappyDoc, pythondoc, pydoc) but I don't believe any of them fulfill all of
these desires. Any suggestions from the group?

Thanks.

---
Dallas S. Mahrt               614-923-1194
Software Engineer             Network Management Systems
Applied Innovation Inc.       Dublin, Ohio