Cross platform spawning

Peter Scott sketerpot at chase3000.com
Tue Jun 11 11:54:55 EDT 2002

I am trying to make a script spawn a seperate process, like you would
do like this on unix:

os.system('python myscript.py myargument &')

But the & at the end (to make a separate process) doesn't work on
Windows. I want the script to run on both Linux (*BSD, whatever) and
Windows. I didn't want to have to find out the path to the python
interpreter, so os.spawnlp (with no blocking) sounded perfect until I
saw that it wasn't available on Windows.

Does anyone out there know what I can do in this situation?