email forwarding program

Matthew Bell mbell at cs.pitt.edu
Thu Jun 13 11:51:31 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have a question regarding the email handling
libraries in Python.  I'm trying to write a
program that, based on some information it
extracts from an email, forwards it to another
person.  I've about figured out imaplib, but
don't see how I can use it to forward on emails.

One possibility I've considered is to write out
the email to a temp file, then make a call to
the operating system to use the UNIX program
mail -- but would like to avoid doing that if
at all possible.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Matt