constructive critisism on pythonwin IDE

sameer sameer_ at email.com
Wed Jun 5 11:36:06 EDT 2002

First of all, let me start of by saying that Pythonwin is a great IDE.
 Now for the constructive critisism.  The thing I hate about PythonWin
is, that despite the fact that it's a development environment, there
is a lot of caching done of modules, and the cached copy is not
checked against a potentialy modified copy.  Whenever I change the
contents of a file and try to run a module that depends on that file,
I always end up with the old copy.  I have to then import and then
reload the changed module in the interactive window for it to refresh.
 It would greatly increase my productivity, if I can specify which
modules can be cached.  I understand that there is a speed and
development time issue, but I would like a little more fine grained
control on how caching works on PythonWin, as the way it's currently
implemented now is not acceptable.