Tkinter and threads

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Jun 21 20:32:57 EDT 2002

In article <wk8z58w81y.fsf at mail.connact.com>,
Patricia J. Hawkins <phawkins at connact.com> wrote:

>Also be aware that the early code examples aren't intended as models,
>just as teaching tools -- you don't hit the really useful stuff till
>page 48. And the format makes it tough to flip back and forth (not to
>mention, tiny amounts of information per page drives me nuts, but
>perhaps that's just me) -- and at 84 pages, I'm not going to print it
>out to take it downstairs to an armchair and mark it up, which is what
>I want to do.  And skimming for what you don't know already is
>impossible.

<sigh>  Yeah, I know.  Last summer, I was negotiating with O'Reilly to
write a whole book on the subject (their idea).  Last November, they
canned the project.  I haven't had the time/energy to rewrite the slides
into a real tutorial, and I'm working on a completely different book now.

Project Vote Smart: http://www.vote-smart.org/