Newbie deluxe

Zach zsmith at ponymail.com.nospam
Sat Jun 15 04:50:21 EDT 2002

I've just started taking a look at Python (experienced in Delphi) and so far
it looks very clean and comprehensible.  My question is, what are the
fundamental differences and similarities between it and Perl?  I hear so
much about these two languages, especially in Linux circles and just
wondered what sets them apart.  Can full fledged graphical applications be
built with Python or does it lean more towards scripting?  I'm aware that it
has OOP capabilities so I assume it reaches beyond just scripting but like I
said, I've no experience with it.  I would like to broaden my coding skills
with the addition of another language so any general opinions with regards
to its usefulness are appreciated.

TIA.

Zach