Hap debugger released

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Tue Jun 11 15:59:27 EDT 2002

> From: nealj [mailto:mwarden22 at hotmail.com]
>
> Version 2.1 of the Hap python debugger (and ide) has just
> been released to sourceforge.  This version improves
> performance, stability and adds a number of useful features
> such as an interactive window, watch tooltips and more.
>
> We've been using it in house on our next product for six
> months now and everyone is very happy with it.
>
> Try it out at http://sourceforge.net/projects/hapdebugger

This looks really good (I know a couple of people who're going to be
pleased :-)

A couple of minor issues I noticed:

 - the color scheme is awful (the Idle/PythonWin scheme is
   much less jarring on the eyes :-)
 - I like the MSVC key bindings, but I was surprised that
   Shift-F11 wasn't bound to "step out of".
 - I couldn't step over a list comprehension (instead I was
   taken through each iteration of the for 'loop').

All in all, great work however!

-- bjorn