Pythoniac: Thoughts on a hardware Python processor

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Thu Jun 27 15:53:49 EDT 2002

> Ahh! Haven't you heard? Forth came in Fifth and the Forth
> chip is dead. In fact I don't think anyone is still offering
> a stack based computer (only HP did AFAIK, the HP 3000).
>
> Dave LeBlanc
> Seattle, WA USA

Which is truly a shame; it's more because of commercial
and market pressures, and nothing to do with true
throughput or technical merit.

Let's see if Python can be ported to Forth, like it was
to Java. If it can, *then* python'll run at hardware speed,
don't you think?

Anyhow, as I said, it's a shame that Forth has been lambasted
so much that it's not really possible to find much info
and code on the net. It's actually a quite nice tool.

:-/

-gus