wxPython performance

Don Garrett garrett at bgb.cc
Mon Jun 10 12:12:10 EDT 2002

RPM1 wrote:
> "Andrei Kulakov" <ak at silmarill.org> wrote
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>    "hello world" type program from wxPython tutorial takes 6
>>seconds to start on my cel 366 128mb system (running Debian). Is
>>this typical? Why is it so slow? I'm looking for a graphic
>>toolkit that'd be fairly quick. I don't want to use Tk because of
>>the looks.

   This whole thread is somewhat strange.... one of the things I liked about
wxWindows was that it seemed like one of the snappier cross plateform
libraries I've worked with. I'm on a relatively fast machine (1 Ghz with 512M)
with Windows (which has been mentioned here as having a faster start).

   The first start up has touch of delay (less than most commercial apps), but
after that it's instant.

   I guess it's hard to really remember just how much faster computers have
gotten over time.

--
Don Garrett                             http://www.bgb.cc/garrett/
BGB Consulting                                      garrett at bgb.cc