DCOracle2 - Can't get cursor.execute to return data when SQL query involves datetimes.

Jim jtt at hnc.com
Tue Jun 4 15:39:18 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am trying to write a simple program to retrieve 2 colums from a
table.
I am running on Solaris 2.8, Python 2.1.1, DCOracle2 and Oracle
8.1.7.3.

The columns are:

acct_number   ( one char long)
transaction_datestamp (oracle datetimestamp)

Here is my program:

import DCOracle2
trandt = '19970110121212'

db = DCOracle2.connect("uid/pwd")
c = db.cursor()

dt = DCOracle2.Timestamp(int(tran_date[0:4]), int(tran_date[4:6]),
int(tran_date[6:8]), int(tran_date[8:10]), int(tran_date[10:12]),
int(tran_date[12:14]))

results = c.execute,('select acct_nbr, trn_dt from testtable where
ACCT_NBR = :1 and TRN_DT = :2',"1",dt)

aaa = c.fetchone()

print aaa

The execute never return any thing from query when the date timestamp
is part of the query.  If I only query on the acct_nbr it returns the
expected row.

What am I missing ???

Thanks,
jim.