why not "'in' in 'in'"?

Grant Griffin not.this at seebelow.org
Thu Jun 13 10:59:33 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1023977529.27368.python-list at python.org>, Tim says...

>[Grant Griffin]
>> See, that's where we bump into "practicality beats purity".
>>
>> note-that-every-one-of-tim's-principles-is-subjective-ly y'rs,
>
>They only appear that way until one has developed objective good taste.

Yes, guilty as charged!  Here's an example of my poor taste.  Since "find" is
sort of a boolean concept ("I found/didn't find my tennis shoes"), and since the
"find" function really returns the index (position) of a substring, I probably
would have called it "position" or maybe just "pos" (in admiration for BASIC).

hindsight-need-not-be-20/20-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                           g2 at dspguru.com
Publisher of dspGuru                               http://www.dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation                http://www.iowegian.com