ANN: Pure Python strptime()

Brett Cannon bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jun 4 01:18:26 EDT 2002

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Brett> Do I ... change the time module into a Python module with the
>     Brett> current module renamed _time and then just have a stub module to
>     Brett> globally import the _time module?
>
> Yes, that's the usual technique used to get a mixed Python/C module into the
> standard library.
>
>     Brett> Do I just need to convince Guido to include it?
>
> I've heard that often helps. ;-)

=) Guess it's time to join the python-dev mailing list and starting
talking to the BDFL.

>     Brett> I have posted this as a patch at SF (patch #474274), but I am
>     Brett> wondering if I have to do anything that I just previously
>     Brett> mentioned on top of this.  Any guidance on this would be helpful.
>
> You just did it.  I assigned it to myself and will try to take a look at it.

Thank you very much, Skip.

> (I don't suppose you have a unit test for this beast laying about do you?)

There is a large PyUnit suite with the patch (which I notied you found).
I am hammering out the bugs you discovered (actually, only the month one,
the %c directive didn't get reproduced for me; can you run strftime() with
%c as the format and email it to me?).

> --
> Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)
> Boycott Netflix - they spam - http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/netflix.html