Iterating through two lists

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jun 3 02:51:04 EDT 2002

    Kragen> "Donn Cave" <donn at drizzle.com> writes:

    >> The function that carries data is cool enough.  Lisp does it
    >> easier than Python, and in fact does "functional programming"
    >> better than Python by a long shot.

    Kragen> That's debatable.

If you're going to take the Python side of that, I think you've found
yourself a real challenge.  After all, Lisp was invented by writing an
automatic interpreter for a purely functional logic notation.

While you can do functional programming in Python, the syntax and the
ubiquity of side effects makes it hard to emphasize that style.

At least for me.

Hm.  Maybe I should take a look at M. Pinard's topy tool, and see if
maybe I shouldn't be writing my Python programs in Lisp (Scheme, to be
precise)<wink>.