SOLVED (Re: Python hits the spot)

Michael Chermside mcherm at destiny.com
Mon Jun 24 16:57:23 EDT 2002

One of us, ranting:
 > My bet is that once you cool off and sits down with some debugging tools
 > like GDB, Boundschecker or Electric Fence you will indeed find the
 > programming error and fix it.
 >
 > My bet is also that you will not tell anyone either.

Siegfried Gonzi:
> RPM1 wrote:
>
>> Hey!  That's why I was asking if your laptop was a Hewlitt
>> Packard.  I had a Hewlitt Packard Pavillion laptop that would
>> die when the fan kicked on
 >
> It was really the laptop processor. I tried the calculation on a
> stationary machine (Pentium II 450 MHz and SuSE 8.0), and it works.
>
> Die Typen können jetzt was erleben.

Looks like we would have lost BOTH bets! Debugging tools don't find
hardware problems, and Siegfried DID let us know when it worked.

Sigfried, I hope Python feels a little better to you now that you know
it wasn't the cause of your problems. As you can see, this newsgroup has
an ASTONISHING amount of knowledge on ALL kinds of things. But you'll
find that you get even MORE help (and more polite help) if you are a
little slower to blame Python next time. Approach the denizens of this
newsgroup with the respect they deserve, and they'll impress you every time.

-- Michael Chermside