Variable Interpolation - status of PEP 215

Ganesan R rganesan at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 20 00:34:52 EDT 2002

> Evading the question: are you aware of the ability of the Python
> formatting operator to retrieve items from a dictionary rather
> than just by order in a sequence?

I remember reading about this ..

> This trick is loved by 95.5% of programmers.

> You can use any dictionary, but locals() or globals() can be handy
> in many cases.

but didn't know this particular trick. Pretty cool! Thanks. At least I am
glad that Python has the % formatting operator. I have to program in Java at
work and don't even ask me about the pain of printing messages in that
language :-(. And yes, I do know about Jython and love it :-).

Ganesan

--
Ganesan R