prototyping good OOdesign in Python?

Martin Sjögren martin at strakt.com
Thu Jun 6 02:37:59 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:30:51PM -0700, Geoff Gerrietts wrote:

> Since Python doesn't care about most of this stuff, modelling it is
> only useful if you expect to port the code later. And I prefer not to
> plan for an unfortunate event. ;)

I still it is good to think in terms of 'public' and 'private', even
though the names are badly chosen. I prefer 'interface' and
'implementation'. If you don't decide which of your class members are to
be part of the interface and which are implementation-specific, I feel
that is a good way to shoot yourself in the foot.

Martin

--
Martin Sjögren
  martin at strakt.com              ICQ : 41245059