PIL _imaging

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at HotMail.Com
Wed Jun 12 07:48:17 EDT 2002

> Cousin Stanley wrote:
>

>>   There are 2 files in K:\Python\Lib\PIL\DLLs
>>   but apparently these are not the ones that are needed ...
>>
>>     _imaging.pyd
>>     _imagingtk.pyd
>

> Put those two files into:
> K:\Python\DLLs
>
> And you should be good to go.
>
> regards Max M

Cousin Max M ...

Thanks for the reply ...

I copied the 2 files into the  K:\Python\DLLs  folder
and tried again, but the result is the same, leading to
the same error I originally posted ...

   python Samples/viewer.py ButtonD.jpg

     File "K:\Python\Lib\PIL\PIL\Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
        raise ImportError, "The _imaging C module is not installed"
     ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

I also tried adding  K:\Python\DLLs
to the PYTHONPATH environment variable
in the autoexec.bat file ... no luck ...

There is a file  K:\Python\Lib\PIL\PIL.pth
that contains only the single 3 character entry PIL ...

I've also tinkered with this file
trying various path combinations
with no luck ...

Cousin Stanley