i18n/l10n and python modules

Martin v. Löwis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 19 12:20:34 EDT 2002

Marko Samastur <markos at elite.org> writes:

> I've read Python Library Reference, but I'm obviously too dumb to make it
> work. Whatever I do, when I run the application, I get either app strings
> translated or those in modules but never both.

Can you explain in a few words what it is that you are currently
doing? I assume you use gettext. Correct?

Do you use a single textual domain (.mo file) or many of those? Do you
have any bindtextdomain calls? Do you use gettext.gettext,
gettext.dgettext, or gettext.GNUTranslation?

In short, what you want to do sounds reasonable, and I cannot see any
reason why it won't work precisely the way you are doing it.

Regards,
Martin