M2Crypto: select() behaves weird on SSL socket

Irmen de Jong irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl
Tue Jun 11 13:28:54 EDT 2002

Donn Cave wrote:

> Wrong, I'd say.  SSL's buffer, like the file object's stdio buffer,
> is user process storage.  From select's point of view (the low level
> device) you have already read that data, and it doesn't know or care
> what you did with it.

Well, that is one way of looking at it. I guess you're right.
But it breaks my code...

If there is a SSL wrapper for plain sockets, isn't there some
sort of SSL wrapper of select()?

> I see my reply earlier today followed up a separate thread, after
> you posted your initial question twice.  If you haven't seen it,
> a hint:  SSL_pending(self->ssl.)  (I don't know much more than that,
> anyway.)

I don't know if this function is exposed in M2Crypto... if it is,
I could probably get my code to work. If it isn't, I don't know
how to fix it :-(

Sorry about posting twice... must have hit 'send' once too often...

Irmen