Python to MS SQL Server

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Jun 19 16:13:47 EDT 2002

"Bjorn Pettersen" <BPettersen at NAREX.com> wrote ...
> > From: Mark McEahern [mailto:marklists at mceahern.com]
> >
> > > I am interested in using Python in a MS SQL Server
> > > environment, but do
> > > not see any database modules out there, especially for
> > > native versus
> > > using ODBC. Is there such a module?
> >
> > This is a total guess, because I haven't done this myself:
> >
> > Have you tried using win32com to use ADO?

> AFAIK, there is no Python database module that goes directly to MS SQL
> Server db lib. ADO does work however, so that's certainly an option.
> Personally, I would probably investigate e.g. mxODBC first (the
> interface is much easier to use from Python).

I agree that ADO is a total pain (although hesitantly, since Alex Martelli
is known to favour it) in Python. I just never got used to it in VBScript, I
guess.

Don't I remember that Dave Col's Sybase module is supposed to be usable with
SQL Server too?

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/