Pythoniac: Thoughts on a hardware Python processor

Oren Tirosh oren-py-l at hishome.net
Fri Jun 28 05:42:29 EDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 05:18:10PM +0000, Christopher Saunter wrote:
> Compact Objects (Oren Tirosh)
> I like this suggestion, it is something I had been thinking about in a
> slightly different context, but not thought through.

Actually, I got the idea from an old Byte article about an interesting
processor called Rekursiv designed by the Glasgow-based audio company Linn.
This processor had hardware support for persistent objects and garbage
collection.

http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/retrocomputing/rekursiv/rekursiv.txt
http://www.set-i.com/bruno/computing/sigarch.html

	Oren