Defining a method final

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma at info.unicaen.fr
Tue Jun 11 08:55:02 EDT 2002

Fabio Corneti wrote:

> I would like to define a method for a class which has
> not to be overriden. Of course, since the developer of
> this project are two, this could be established by
> convention, but if the project will grow consistently
> another developer could override the method by mistake,
> causing unpleasant side effects.

Hm. A classical problem.

Will you ask tomorrow for private methods and private inheritance
as well?

Python, like Smalltalk was never designed for paranoid [*NO* disrespect
meant or implied] projects, whose members need to protect themselves
from themselves. If such a danger is real, use qualified names.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France