PIL, Python and CGI

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Sun Jun 23 20:00:40 EDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:37, Sascha Ferley wrote:
> strange reason it can't find the _imaging extention..
> It is sort of strange that it wouldn't pick it up then.. any more ideas?

I'd say there's a chance that the _imaging module has linked to a shared
library and the web server doesn't have the appropriate lib dir in its
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. That'd cause an ImportError.

Unfortunately, PIL is swallowing the exact error - try removing the try/except
around the "import _imaging" and see what the real error is.

   Richard