Python file upload

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Wed Jun 26 04:56:33 EDT 2002

I think you will find that your calls to cgi.escape the incoming data are
the cause of your problem.

You do not need to escape incoming multipart/form data. The documentation
for cgi.escape says:

<quote>
Use this if you need to display text that might contain such characters in HTML
</quote>

which is clearly not your purpose in handling the incoming data,
particularly when it is binary data.