Can Distutils include .pyd files directly?

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Wed Jun 12 14:35:35 EDT 2002

> From: Thomas Heller [mailto:theller at python.net]
>
> "Bjorn Pettersen" <BPettersen at NAREX.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1023837255.23228.python-list at python.org...
> > I've built my extension modules using the MS Devstudio IDE
> and now I
> > would like to use Distutils to create a Windows installer
> for me that
> > puts both the debug and release versions of the extension in the
> > python22\DLLs directory. Is this possible? If not, is there
> a way to
> > have Distutils build my extension in both debug and release
> mode and
> > install both?
> >
> > -- bjorn
>
> Sure. The 'build' command builds a 'pseudo installation tree'
> in the directory build\lib.win32-2.2, all of this will later
> be installed by the 'install' command. So you can
>   python setup.py build
> to build the release version,
>   python setup.py build -g
> to build the debug version, and

Is there any way I can skip having Distutils building the extension? If
there isn't, is there a way to provide a separate 'library_dirs' option
for debug libraries? (We have our release libraries in \active\release
and the debug libraries in \active\debug, and they have the same
names...)

>   python setup.py install
> will install all of this into Python22\lib\site-packages.
>   python setup.py bdist_wininst
> will create a windows installer containing the debug _and_
> the release version (everything that's in the build directory).
>
> Thomas

-- bjorn