HTML Error from Python CGI Script

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Jun 25 13:26:35 EDT 2002

"Jon Ribbens" <jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk> wrote ...
> In article <79b54d28.0206241618.6c78dbde at posting.google.com>, Chris wrote:
> > I copy this exact text to my own computer (versus operating over
> > network) and open it and it looks fine. Exactly what I need. However,
> > when I put a link to it on another webpage on the network, an internal
> > server error occurs and complains about the following:
> >
> > syntax error at line 2: `newline or ;' unexpected
>
> Obviously your server is trying to use your static page as some kind
> of script. You haven't given enough information to work out why this
> might be though.

Look at your server's configuration, and see whether the extension you are
using for the temporary files is treated as executable on the server (in
Apache you'll be looking at httpd.conf or .htaccess files).

Since you don't say whether the error appears on the client or the server, I
suppose it's also possible you are delivering content that the client-side
(i.e. the machine you run your browser on) is trying to execute your
content.

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/