self

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Jun 5 20:19:05 EDT 2002

> everything is a google-search away if you know the right codewords :-)
> I don't in this case, though ...

Sorry, I must admit to being temporarily overcome with a fit of laziness.  I
had actually fumbled around a bit before finding the posts I mentioned, so I
should really have tried to include a reference.

Lest the codewords remain secret, I managed to wind my way there with a
search on "eval dictionary instance" in comp.lang.python (which referenced a
post of Tim's on the fourth page of results).

The messages I had found occurred deep into a "Dictionary from list?" thread
from last October which crossed over into the subject of subclassing
dictionaries:

http://groups.google.com/groups?th=2338421ec8397bec&seekm=mailman.1004338951
.27778.python-list%40python.org

is a pointer to the relevant portion including a response by both Tim and
Guido.

-- David