Java to Python converter?

Martin Oberhuber martim.oberhuber at no-spam.org
Thu Jun 20 15:09:46 EDT 2002

Hi Gerhard,

thanks a lot for your answer.

The reason why I want to convert Java into Python is this:

We are selling a programmer's IDE (SNiFF+) that is written in C++ but has an
embedded python interpreter for scripting it. I'd like to write an import
filter for importing project info from an external tool.

We have a reader for the project files of that external tool, but the reader
is written in Java. If I could easily do a "no-brain" conversion from Java
syntax to python syntax, this would make the "brain-1.0" porting work a lot
easier for me.

I don't expect the Java -> Python converter to produce 100% correct code; it
should just convert the syntax (i.e. classes + methods into "def" lines,
braces {} into indentation) -- that's it.

Thanks anyway,

Martin

--

martin <dot> oberhuber <at> windriver.com

"Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote in message
> * Martin Oberhuber <martin.oberhuber at windriver.com> [2002-06-20 13:58
+0200]:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got some Java source code that I would like to convert into Python.
>
> Why?
>
> > Does anybody know of a converter that can do this?
>
> Brain 1.0.
>
> Btw. the Jython incarnation of Python can use Java libraries.
>
> Gerhard
> --
> mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
> web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930
> public key fingerprint: 3FCC 8700 3012 0A9E B0C9  3667 814B 9CAA AD24 C930
> reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,map(lambda
x:chr(ord(x)^42),tuple('zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b')))