cursors, etc

Phlip phlip_cpp at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 22:26:24 EDT 2002

BCBOOKER wrote:

> Is there any way for a user to actively move a cursor or some other marker
> on a
> plane?

Not until you start naming specifics. What's this "plane"? Is it a window?
If so, is it a Tkinter Canvas?

Contrarily, is it a virtual terminal? such as the curses module addresses?

> That is, if there is a 4x4 square with the cursor at (1,1), can
> the
> user press up, n, 1 or whatever and make the x increase?  I tried making
> something along the lines of this, but i had to go type in every situation
> - that is, make the map for (2, 3) or (1, 2).

So if you had variable row and col, could you let the Up key trigger a row
-= 1, for example?

--
  Phlip
               http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?PhlIp