Bits and bytes?

Scherer, Bill Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com
Wed Jun 12 11:27:09 EDT 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Guyon Morée wrote:

> ok, thanx a lot.
>
> there's one thing i am missing though... how do i write '011010110101' as
> 'binary bits' to a file?

I've only had need for this once, but when I 'realized' that a
byte was just eight bits, my problem was solved. For you that
depends on if you're ok with writing bits in multiples of eight,
and that you can create the proper 8 bit seqeunces for your
needs.  chr(0) through chr(255) should cover your needs, I think.

chr(107) + chr(168) will give you

'011010110101000'

CAVEAT: I might be completely off my rocker on this. 8-)

Good luck.

--
Bill.Scherer at Verizon Wireless
RHCE 807101044903581