System Configuration

Rajat Chopra rchopra at calypso.cs.brandeis.edu
Mon Jun 17 00:16:36 EDT 2002

I am looking to create a utility program that will query various aspects
of my system, such as the hardware configuration and the software programs
installed.

I have looked into the Python module list but could not find much to do
with system analysis. At the moment, I would like my program to function
only on Windows 2000 systems. What modules can I use to determine such
things as:

-How much memory is installed in the system?
-How much disk space is available on the system?
-What is the processor speed of the system?
-What is the bus speed?
-Is Micrsoft Office installed on the system?
-What version of Internet Explorer is on the system?
-Certain registry actions, such as inserting a key, querying a key, etc.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rajat