python IDE, komodo

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Tue Mar 5 18:22:14 EST 2002

Jamie Carl wrote:
> > Komodo is good, but I am biased. :)
> > Take a look at:
> >     http://www.python.org/editors/
> >

> Didn't he say free would be nice?  Komodo isn't free.

If he [Marcus] is serious about debugging, I think that IDLE-fork
(http://idlefork.sourceforge.net/) is the only free IDE with the ability
to debug scripts in a separate process (Komodo has this ability).

For tracing (code converage?) and profile tools, he can just look at the
scripts that ship with Python. I don't think that any of the IDEs have
any significant level of integration.

One important thing to note is that Komodo doesn't have an interactive
shell (which all of the free IDEs do).

Anyway, why not just try Komodo and see if it works for you?

Cheers,
Brian