Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Mar 26)

Gonçalo Rodrigues op73418 at mail.telepac.pt
Wed Mar 27 10:51:23 EST 2002

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:04:50 -0800, Geoff Gerrietts
<geoff at gerrietts.net> wrote:

>Quoting Courageous (jkraska at san.rr.com):
>>
>> >I'd say the skills required to write clear, readable
>> >software and clear, readable novels are not entirely
>> >disjoint!
>>
>> Oh certainly not, you just haven't backed up to a big
>> enough perspective of the cognitive domain. :)
>
>I think poetry and code are actually very similar. Some day I may
>write a paper on that thesis, but I'm still living the experience
>today....

Poetry and coding are similar in that they are both creative activities
needing inteligence, imagination, etc. But there is also a world of
difference between the two. A simple way to see this is how they relate
to their heritage, their common dead.

Best regards,
Gonçalo Rodrigues