PARTIAL SOLUTION: Compiling Python 2.2 with GCC in HPUX 10.20 does not work

Michael Piotrowski mxp at dynalabs.de
Fri Mar 8 11:59:35 EST 2002

pekka niiranen <krissepu at vip.fi> writes:

> First of all, thank you guys for your help.
>
> I managed to compile Python 2.2 in HP-UX 10.20 with the following hacks:

[...]

> 7)    Python-2.2 source I
>        edited by adding line "int h_errno;" to Modules/socketmodule.c
>        at line 161 just above the
>     '#ifndef RISCOS' block:
>
>     int h_errno;
>
>     #ifndef RISCOS
>     #include <fcntl.h>
>     #else
>     #include <sys/fcntl.h>
>     #define NO_DUP
>     int h_errno; /* not used */
>     #endif
>     #else

You can avoid this by adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED to the compiler
flags...

> 8)    I configured python with script:
>     #! /usr/bin/sh
>     unset LANG
>     gmake distclean
>     CC=gcc ./configure --with-gcc --with-threads=no --without-cxx
>     --prefix=/opt/python
>     gmake

... e.g.: CC='gcc -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED' ./configure etc.

[...]

>     And summary looks like:
>
>     1 test failed:     test_fpformat

I get the same results; if I find the time, I'll have a look at it--I
don't think it's a major problem.

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <mxp at dynalabs.de>