Process to process synchronization (unix)

Kragen Sitaker kragen at pobox.com
Tue Mar 19 13:40:52 EST 2002

"Gillou" <nospam at bigfoot.com> writes:
> I have a Zope application and another running process (in python too).
> I need to transmit data and signal (hey ! data available, do your job !) in
> an asynchronous way from the Zope app (in an external method) to the python
> running process (that runs for another user).
> The other process waits for the signal, takes given data, does the jobs and
> waits further signal (...)
> I'm 99.9% newbie in process to process communication.
> What packages are helpful for this ?

Why don't you use os.popen("otherprogram", "w") from Zope to start the
other program, then write to the pipe whenever there is data
available?

Maybe that's not possible because of the way the other program starts
and you have to use named pipes or sockets.  But this would be simpler
if it is possible.