Standalone Win32 wxPython apps?

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 10 13:18:43 EST 2002

>Hmm, I don't really see the difference in practice between
>statically linking and installing a bunch of "private" DLLs
>that are only used by my app.  In one case they're all in one
>file, in the other case they're in a bunch of files that have
>to be linked at run-time. In both cases none of the stuff is
>being shared with anybody else, so it's not like putting things
>in DLLs is saving any system resources -- though it perhaps
>make the packaging simpler.

The case for the DLL is more obvious when what it is your
distributing is a family of applications which live together.
There may also be load time differences between an application
that is statically linked and one that is dynamically linked.
I seem to recall in my Unix days that using .so's dramatically
quickened load times.

C//