Python vs. C/C++/Java: quantitative data ?

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Tue Mar 26 12:27:24 EST 2002

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Eduard Smirnov wrote:

> I’m writing a diploma paper on the difference between scripting (e.g. in
> Python or Tcl) and system programming (e.g. in C, C++ or Java), and one of

As a side note, what definition of "system programming" would include Java
but not Python? I know this isn't the intent of your paper, but one of the
reasons Python is so flexible is that you can use it as a scripting
language in the classical sense as well as a general purpose language like
Java.

-Dave