PyProlog 0.2.0 - compiling under Windows

jmdeschamps jmdeschamps at cvm.qc.ca
Thu Mar 14 09:49:25 EST 2002

I'M trying to use the Prolog wrapper from Nathan Denny,
pyprolog0.2.0.tar http://agave.ahsc.arizona.edu/~schcats/projects/

********* Excerp from the readme file...
The prolog.py file provides a Python interface to SWI-Prolog.
SWI-Prolog is a free prolog,
Once you have installed SWI-Prolog, you will also need
libpython2.0a...which should be in your Python-2.0 build directory.
*********

The example tells how its compiled for Unix/Linux - I'm trying to
adapt this to Windows using VC++6.0

Linking breaks with:
*********
--------------------Configuration: pyswipl - Win32
Debug--------------------
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "python21_d.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

pyswipl.dll - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
*********

Naturally, I don't have that file on my machine, nor the
"libpython2.0a" refered to in the readme.

I'm using Python 2.1 from ActiveState, under Windows 2000 Pro

Any hints, recipy or other comments appreciated,

Jean-Marc