Implementation Advice

Ken khirmint at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 13:28:10 EST 2002

Hey everyone..

I'm trying to create a system where users log in, and based on how they log
in or who they log in as, they get a different set of functionality.

A really simple example would be a multi-room chat, where each room has some
common functionality (ie.send/receive messages) and some extras like
different color text.

I'd like to keep the functionality for each room in a separate file.

My question is, should each file have a class declaration (using inheritance
where appropriate) containing the necessary additional functions,
initialization, etc.. Or, should each file contain a series of functions?
One common to all files to initialize a room and then modify it and add
functions to it as necessary?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and my apologies if it makes no sense :)

Ken

P.S. Just wanted to add that I'm rather new to Python and I've got to say
that I'm really impressed with both the language and the community :)