Conditional Import

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Thu Mar 14 12:13:03 EST 2002

> Right now, I've this hack in the middle of my code
>
> try:
>     from codeop import CommandCompiler
> except:
>     from MockCommandCompiler import CommandCompiler
>
> But if I have to put up with a work around like this, I'd
> prefer that it be fairly elegant.  Or at least standard...

Well, it's *almost* standard. Just a little modification:

	from exceptions import ImportError
	try:
		from codeop import CommandCompiler
	except ImportError:
		from MockCommandCompiler import CommandCompiler

and that's it. :-)

It's fairly used, look into some of the standard modules,
mainly in conjunction with StringIO/cStringIO.

Salutations!

-gustavo