programming h----ng

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Tue Mar 12 12:39:02 EST 2002

> canyou help please
> please please please please please

Ah yes, the age-old topic of programming humming. A lot of times I'll
listen to the same collection of music for a given project, and so I end
up humming those same tunes all day long. What is really weird is how
quickly my mind gets back into that particular project when I start
humming (or just hear) that same bit of music again.

As far as helping you, I'd really recommend that you vary quite
frequently your tune selection (there's some good Internet radio stations
if your mp3 collection isn't large enought). There's nothing worse than
ruining a great CD because hearing it reminds you of some awful project
you worked on. U2's Achtung Baby will forever remind me of a really buggy
HTTP client. :(

HTH,
Dave

P.S. I suddenly realized that your subject line may have been referring to
programming honking. If so, there are some great sound libraries out there
- do a quick Google search.