Python/CORBA

Viatcheslav Kulikov RWTH Aachen vku at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 20 14:05:18 EST 2002

        Hello!

Can anyone probably answer a question why Python 2.1 sends me an
exception message "INITIALIZE: Minor: 0, Completed: COMPLETED_NO." while
I am trying to initialize omniORB CORBA interface with:

from omniORB import CORBA
orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv, CORBA.ORB_ID)

The registry key (ORBInitRef) is set (properly) to:
"NameService=corbaname::sallust.lfpt.rwth-aachen.de:5100"

Independently from that, when I use a set ORBInitialHost/ORBInitialPort,
the message is still the same.

Version of omniORB - 3.0.4.

Meanwhile at the other computer where Python 2.0 and omniORB 3.0.2. are
installed, everything works. But is it possible that the higher version
does not support something the lower version does? I doubt.

Please give hints where to search the reason for such an error. Will be
grateful.