socket

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Mar 15 09:53:22 EST 2002

In article <BShk8.20888$Vx1.1808505 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, Billy Ng wrote:

> I am trying to write a python program to verify the email
> address.

What you're trying to do is pointless.  Whether it's evil or
not, I don't know, but one is suspicious.

Most servers either refuse the verify command or always return
affirmative.  Many modern servers will accept RCPT for invalid
addresses also.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Did we bring enough
                                  at               BEEF JERKY?