Where is/What happened to ActivePython (PythonWin) 2.2 ?!

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Sat Mar 30 13:15:08 EST 2002

Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> writes:

> For some reason, this only drops the DOS 8.3 version of the
> filename.

Compatibility with old programs probably.

Suggestion: Use dynwin.windll

http://www.nightmare.com/~rushing/dynwin/

import windll
kernel32 = windll.module('kernel32')
kernel32.GetLongPathName(<you have to kid around with some
        windll.cstring buffers here>)

to get the longnames. I suppose it's for
compatibility. You can't know when somebody or someprogramme will hand
you a short pathname.

PS: GetLongPathName only works on win2000/win98 and upwards. I have a
msdev project to compile calldll and friends for python 2.2 if that is a
problem.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad