Standalone CGI Server - Question for Group

Sloth mt_horeb at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 29 08:00:17 EST 2002

Thanks for the feedback re. Apache.  I appreciate it!

The reason that I'd like to find a native Python script is as follows:
I started to build a proof of concept Web app for a company that
queried a customer database and generated search results.  The company
loved it and wanted to have me create a few "pilots" for salespeople.
If I can simply have them install Python and install an additional
module or two, it would be easier than asking non-technical sales
folks to also install Apache.

I agree, Apache is very painless.  On the other hand, less is more in
this scenario and, frankly, now I'm just being stubborn and trying to
get Python to act as its own CGI server.  Has anyone had luck making
this work in a Window 9x
environment?

Thanks!