Porting a Python app to IRIX -- need help

Paul F. Dubois dubois at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 22 14:30:50 EST 2002

I am trying to get a Python-based app running on an SGI running IRIX 6.5. I
am running into a problem involving some objects being compiled "n32" and
others "o32". The linker refuses to link them.

I got pretty far by setting environment variable CC to "cc" but then it
complained that the X11 library is o32. Can an SGI person tell me whether
o32 or n32 is "normal" and what I tell the compiler to be sure I get that?