mx odbc result strings with special characters?

Alexander Jerusalem ajeru at vknn.org
Sun Mar 3 14:00:33 EST 2002

Ok, thanks for your reply. Here's my output:

>>> import mx.ODBC.Windows as odbc
>>> con = odbc.connect("se", "scienceexile", "x")
>>> c = con.cursor()
>>> c.execute("select * from country")
>>> print c.fetchone()
('aa1', '\xd6sterreich-Ungarn', None, None)
>>> c.close()
>>> con.close()

And it's the same when I write the resultset to a file, so I don't
believe that it's just a display problem. The data comes from an
oracle database and the encoding and stringformat settings don't seem
to have any effect.

Alexander