Beginner

a.clarke11 a.clarke11 at pop.ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 7 03:37:06 EST 2002

Hi,
I sometimes look at the book on line: it seems clear simple and fairly
wide in scope. However, I wouldn't use it as reference, and its a bit
light on object processes. A good, light introduction: perhaps you
should also have a more heavywight intro as well, eg the O'Reilly books?
I've been pythoning for less than a year, with little experience of
other languages.
Best wishes
Tony

Mr Boxer wrote:
Have you experience of the book "How to think like a computer
scientist - Learning with Python"?

I would like to learn python and begin with reading that
tutorial I found online at python site. I'm not a "strong old
programmer" but I've some experience with shell, perl, elisp
and C.

Thanks a lot.