Relieved but disappointed: The Pariah thread

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 10:48:32 EST 2002

Tim Churches <tchur at optushome.com.au> wrote:

>While I was much relieved that Mark Hammond took my mischievous "Has
>Mark Hammond attained pariah status yet?" post with the good humour for
>which that noble, heterogenous breed of people known as Aussies are
>justly renowned, I was a bit disappointed that no-one at all commented
>on the pictorial reference which I gave to sum up my view of the
>.NETification of Python:
>http://www.sciam.com/2002/0102issue/010250100.html

Bad luck.

This easily the most humourless, anal-retentive group I read.

The most daring humour you are likely to get away with is a bit of
clearly labelled sarcasm.

Or, for a real belly laugh, string a bunch of words together with
hyphens and add '-ly yours' on the end.

I gave up ages ago.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark