quick win32 pipe and objects question

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Fri Mar 22 14:41:24 EST 2002

i seems that the pipe can only hold serialized data, at least that is what
the error message said.

It also seems that if several clients are writing to the pipe at the same
time, or in quick succession, that reading the data is best done with
cPickle to avoid errors (i have no numbers to justify this, it just seemed
more stable).

Lastly, putting a pause between writes seemed to help too ...
>>> for i in range(10):
...     time.sleep(0.5)
...     r = win32pipe.CallNamedPipe(pipename, i, 512, 0)

which leads me to think that a single named pipe just doesn't scale well,
which is not surprising as Mark H. said it wouldn't on pg 353 ;-)

-d

news:a7f4l7$g2n$04$1 at news.t-online.com...